- This event has passed.
May 16, 2015 @ 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
34th and Coleman Rd (trash)
31st and Karnes (yard waste)
- Household Hazardous Waste (paint, oil, chemicals, pesticides)
- Water Heaters
- Flourescent Lights (including CFLs)
- E-Waste (monitors, computers, household electronic items with internal compornents like mercury and other heavy metals)
- Plastic bags are not permitted in the leaf and brush dumpsters
- Sign in with a volunteer.
- Set Potentially reusable items and scrap metal on the curb next to trash dumpsters for our local scrappers.
- RECYCLE CARDBOARD AT THE CURB. Don’t bring it to the dumpster, please.
[box type=”info” size=”large” style=”rounded”]
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR DUMPSTER DAY!
It’s tough just having one person to man each dumpster at any given time. Between signing neighbors in, helping to load the dumpsters, and monitoring them to make sure it’s not filled above the top and that inappropriate materials are not being dumped — one person just isn’t enough. We’d like to have two volunteers per dumpster – either for a 2.5 hour shift of for the entire 7am – noon time frame. Whether you have volunteered in the past or not, we would LOVE to have your help!
Contact Lisa Ferguson to sign up for a shift!